How to write a work plan:
1. Identify the areas for harmonization
2. Determine your goals and objectives.
Goals and objectives relate to results to accomplish through the work plans in SECAPs and SUMPs.
3. Organize your work plan by "SMART" objectives
Smart targets are:
- Specific: Describing the desired results in quantitative and qualitative terms which will be clear to that are understood by all stakeholders.
- Measurable: The current baseline has been measured established by measurements and the desired change is defined. Measurement methods and resources are in place to monitor the changes that occur
- Achievable: Goals and objectives are based on the technical, operational and financial competencies available and stakeholder agreements/commitments that have been made
- Relevant: Most important is to choose targets that matter, that improve urban mobility and that are synchronized with other urban planning targets
- Time-bound: key dates are given for the achievement of the targets to allow timely monitoring of the desired progress.
4. List your resources. The work plan includes resources that will be necessary to achieve your goals and objectives. Resources will depend on the purpose of your work plan.
5. Identify any constraints. Barriers for achieving goals and objectives are identified and corresponding countermeasures defined.
6. Define who is accountable. Accountability is essential for a good plan. Who is responsible for completing each task? There can be a team of people working on a task (see resources) but one person has to be answerable for the timely completion of a given task.
7. List specific action steps. Identify what needs to happen to complete your objectives.
8. Create a schedule. Unexpected problems will happen. Space needs to be built into the schedule to allow for correction.
A Gantt chart is a bar chart representing the sequence of activities in a project schedule. Gantt charts show the start and finish dates of the elements of a
project. Gantt charts also show the dependency between activities. Gantt charts are often used to show the current status of a project using percentcomplete shadings and a vertical today line.
Gantt Project: Free project scheduling and management app for Windows, OSX and Linux.
Download Link: http://www.ganttproject.biz/
- Document: work plan for the harmonization process